Friday, February 27, 2009

more 3.1 spriest info

From this bluuuue post:

I think Shadow priests will be in a good place. For PvP they got a much-needed tweak to Psychic Horror, but I won't spoil it here.

For PvE, I think the changes will help their scaling in the long run. I suggested in another thread that we might need to make their Shadow spells crit at 200% in order for the Shadowform change to actually be a buff. But we are fully committed to having the dots crit. The game just works better that way.

The Shadow Ulduar 4 piece set bonus is pretty sweet too.



4 piece set bonus!? OH BOY I hope it makes greater heal have an additional 10% chance to crit! Cause seriously, that would be as useful as the Naxx 4 piece set bonus.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound grumpy. I really am liking what I'm reading so far.
Psychic horror... I suck at PvP, this has been established, and maybe it's because I never spec for it. I've never had psychic horror. But for the sake of my fellow shadow priests, I really hope that we become more than a wet paper bag in PvP.

As for the shadowform changes- I am not big on math. I used to be wonderful with numbers and math and equations... anymore, I could care less. So I'm not going to sit here and calculate out the difference between the constant addition to DoT damage based on crit percentage, or the ability to just flat out crit. Instead, I'm gonna just try it out. Once I get my character copied to the PTR, I'll spend 5 minutes with my normal rotation on a target dummy on the live servers, then the same thing on the PTR. And just look at the numbers myself. I'm math saavvy enough to be able to look at two numbers and know which one is bigger than the other.

I'm not gonna QQ too much until I see how things work in practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment