Saturday, December 12, 2009

That trinket. What.

Okay, so maybe I'm doing it wrong?

I've run 4 trials on the test dummies.
Two of them with my normal trinkets (Sundial of the Exiled, and Abyssal Rune,) One with the Nevermelting Ice Crystal where I did not pop the Use, and one with that trinket where I DID pop the use right before casting SW:P so that the crit buff would be applied to SW:P.

And I'm thinking that the ice crystal might not be worth switching to.





TRIAL_#.................1.......2

Two of my usual trinkets:


DPS @ 2 minutes.........4083.....3900
% of dmg from SW:P......12%......12.7%
% of SW:P crits.........30.8%....23%.3%


# of MBs................16......16
# of MFs................67......69



The new trinket (instead of sundial of the exiled,) not Using


DPS @ 2 minutes.........3946
% of dmg from SW:P......12.2%
% of SW:P crits.........23.3%


# of MBs................16
# of MFs................66


The new trinket (instead of sundial of the exiled,) using as soon as 10/10 buffs are up and re-casting (or casting for the first time) SW:P.

DPS @ 2 minutes.........4008
% of dmg from SW:P......13.1%
% of SW:P crits ........36.6%


# of MBs................16
# of MFs................66




Included the amount of mind blasts and flays to show that I'm (for the most part) being consistent with my DPSing methods.


I'm just not seeing the increase in the amount of damage that SW:P does that I'd like. If I have a choice between the types of trinkets, I much rather prefer to use the ones I've been using, since they're proc ones rather that ones I have to press a button to use.

But it's only a few trials so far. I'll run some more and see what I come up with. I just can't sit and do like a million at once.
And yeah, I know this is what those simulator programs are for, but they can't factor in the way that I personally play. So I always like to blend in my own play style/test dummy trials along with the theorycrafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment